Hi Tuesday night swingers,
We need to get organised for the 2020 season so dust off those knee, elbow and ankle braces and get back on court. Please let us know by Friday at the latest if you have what it takes in 2020.
Format will be the same as last season. The rules have been reviewed to ensure that the wrong team does not make the grand final this season.
1. Teams of 4 players who all play on the night. All players are to be ranked 1 to 4 on the basis of ability, experience and size of donation.
2. Still a mixed and doubles based social comp. That won’t change. More women needed. Where have they gone?
3. All 4 players will play 3 sets of doubles, partnering with the other 3 players in the team.
4. For example, if you are the number 4 in the team and are a little more challenged in terms of experience, and luck, you will always play against the corresponding number 4 in the other team in each of the 3 sets. So 1 & 4 in your team will play their 1 & 4; 2 & 4 will play their 2 & 4; and 3 & 4 will play their 3 & 4. That’s your 3 matches on the night. As well of course 1 & 2 will play their 1 & 2; 1 & 3 will play their 1 & 3 ;and 2 & 3 will play their 2 & 3.
5. Each match will be one 6 game set with 7 point tie break at 6 games all. There will be enough courts allocated for people to be on and off quickly between sets. We will have the 6 courts available if required. A little bit of mingling and drinking time in between should be fun.
6. We plan to have a pool of emergencies if one of the 4 players is not available. However we need committed players to make it work and not stuff other people up on the night. No play on school holidays.
8. For finals you are allowed only one emergency, outside your 4 players. The Adam Palmer rule.
9. All nets must be measured before play on all courts. The Bob Milne rule.
10. The higher ranked finalists can decide which courts they play on –Blue or En Tout Cas. The Mitch Smith rule
11. During the season you can have up to 2 emergencies but none of them can be higher ranked than your missing players. All emergencies or new players coming in during the season will have to be ranked and official paper work will need to be lodged with the guru before they can play. Got that Moon, Anthony, Glenn and Greg!. The Conspirators rule.
12. We plan a grading round on Tuesday 4 February at 7.30, and start the season proper on the 11th. Remember if you are one of the 4 players you play every week.
13. All players will need to be there at 7.15 on the 11 February for briefing. Captains will be selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership potential, or if the other 3 in your team clearly couldn’t organise a chook raffle. Some mothers do have them and AT has its fair share.
If we don’t hear from you I will assume that you have pulled the pin and are handing over to a new generation of hackers.
Grant Plozza, Director
GP Business Solutions
CPA Public Practice. SMSF & Trust Auditor
M 0412 163 143